Rider Fitness Case Example:
Look at the leg this rider is standing on…can you see how the knee diverts inwards, after they bend down? This is linked with poor control of the Glute Med muscle in the buttock. Why is this relevant to her riding? It is resulting not only in some saddle slip to the side, but also impeding her ability to signal for the horse to turn. What can be done? Her exercises in the rider fitness class have been adapted to focus on strengthening the weaker side…with continued work under our guidance; she should become a more balanced rider
Today is Time to Talk day. It aims to get people all around the country talking about mental health.
Time to Talk day happens on the first Thursday every February. It's a great day for communities, workplaces, schools, or anyone to get together and have a chat about mental health.
The more we talk about it, the better life is for all of us.
Some suggested conversation starters from See Me Scotland:
1. Tell someone you appreciate what they've done for you.
2. Ask someone "How are you?" (and mean it!)
3. Arrange to meet up with someone you care about
4. Play a game of "would you rather?" with someone
5. Check-in with someone over text
6. Call someone you've not spoken to for a while
7. Go for a walk with someone and see how they're doing
8. Have a chat over some lunch with someone